admin » DDKK
Free business listings
- List your business.
- Find a business in your city.
- Share information about your business.
Had a meeting with management of Mall of the North regarding the combatting of misuse of #Disabled_Parking at their mall.… Read moreHad a meeting with management of Mall of the North regarding the combatting of misuse of #Disabled_Parking at their mall. A training session will be presented to their security staff on the treatment of persons with disability and the correct use of disabled parking.
THE power of wheels is often underappreciated. Daily people rely on wheels – two or four – for all kinds of mobility needs, but mostly for getting from A to B.… Read moreTHE power of wheels is often underappreciated. Daily people rely on wheels – two or four – for all kinds of mobility needs, but mostly for getting from A to B. But just imagine what it is like spending every day reliant on a tool, like a wheelchair, that is completely central to one’s existence and the space and place challenges that come with it, and not having it. Therefore APD, Limpopo presents Wheelchair Wednesday.
• Handing over 40 wheelchairs to needy children with disabilities.
• Create awareness regarding accessibility for people with disabilities.
• Raise funds for the APD Limpopo Province.
WHAT IS EXPECTED OF THE PARTICIPANTS ?
• Donate R 6000.00 toward a new wheelchair for a child with disability.
• Choose beneficiary.
• Spend at least 4 continuous hours in a wheelchair.
• Feedback and photos of experience to organizers (Media purpose)
• Section 18A tax recept for donation/Entry fee.
• Wheelchair to handover to pre-selected beneficiary.
• Certificate for participation and wheelchair handover.
• Local media coverage of activities and wheelchair hand over
• Social media coverage (Photos, stories to create your online footprint)
• APD Website
• APD Facebook page
• APD Twitter
• APD Google Plus
• APD MyCityInfo.co.za
• MyPolokwane.com Facebook page
CAMPAIGN TIME FRAME:
• Launch : Friday, 5 June 2015
• 4 Hour challenges : Every Wednesday in July
• Handover function : Friday, 22 August 2014 ( Proposed date)